Summer of '69

Thursday, September 11, 2014

Raise your hand if you're a girl and have never watched Sex and the City and/or Gossip Girl. I don't see any! These two have been guilty pleasures of mine for years; and although I know that none of them is very intelligent nor deep, I loved both for many reasons, one of them being the supporting character: New York City. I fell in love with it like you fall in love with a person you know online: you see many sides of them, yet you've never seen them in person - but it doesn't stop you from being completely and utterly in love with them. I've read and heard about severe NYC winters and awful hot summers; but at this point I feel I'd forgive every sin of imperfection to this city. We'll see how it goes once we meet - no plans so far, but it'll definitely happen. Until then, fall knocking on our doors, I leave you with these shots of NYC and its people on a hot day in 1969, taken by photographers of Life magazine. Aren't they beautiful?! You can almost hear the car horns and feel the humidity. 


 

 This is my selection of photos, you can find the rest here.

I hope you're enjoying these last days of summer - I sure am! Lots of love, Tihana

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! Feel free to say hi! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
site design by designer blogs